The Village Hall @ Warehorne
The village hall can be found on the left hand side of Church lane as you enter Warehorne from the Hamstreet/Tenterden road.
Regular users of the hall include:
Village parties and meals such as the monthly brunch
Brief History of Warehorne Village Hall
The age of Warehorne Village Hall is undetermined. It started life as a Young Man’s Christian Association (YMCA) hut on the Romney Marsh at Lydd and was dismantled and re-erected in Warehorne soon after the First World War (1914-1918). It was initially used as a ‘Red Triangle Club’ for the benefit of Warehorne residents. The ‘red triangle’ was part of the YMCA logo and the hall’s use, at this stage, was still controlled by the YMCA.
On the 1st September 1949 the YMCA officially handed over the hall to the village of Warehorne through a Deed of Gift which transferred ownership and the administration of the hall to a Warehorne Village Hut Committee.
Through fundraising, seeking grants, and the support of the community many improvements have been made to the hall. These improvements have included:
Improved disabled access arrangements
New toilet block including disabled access and baby changing facilities
Improved kitchen facilities and refurbishment including storage freezers
Internal refurbishment of the hall
Double glazing and window blinds
New infra-red heating system
Improved water heating facilities
Replacement of external asbestos sheeting with new cladding
Additional wall insulation
Brick external skirt to protect underside of hall
New tables and chairs including children’s furniture
New external storage arrangements
Purchase of a marquee for external events
Purchase of event staging
Although the age of the hall remains undetermined it now provides a warm welcome to its hirers and users and is well equipped to meet the needs of the current community - hopefully for a long time to come.